Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Forgive and Forget


We all hear quotes that we remember but never really grasp. They are simple quotes and yet sometimes until put in the situation they do not really contain a true meaning until you go through something that brings them to light.

So the question is: Is it easier to forgive or forget?

I sit here in true confusion about this question. I am normally quite a forgiving person. Maybe to a fault. I do not like fights, or disagreements of the like. But and yes there is a but, I do not see me doing either anytime soon.

Forgiveness takes a strong person. It means that you are moving on in your heart from being hurt. The thought of why someone could be so heartless to hurt you to being with and doing so with no remorse baffles me. I just do not feel I can forgive someone for putting me through hell, dragging me down, belittling me and so many more hateful, hurtful and uncalled for things when I did nothing to deserve it. And even if I did deserve it I do not feel that this was something to justify doing. I have learned that sometimes "sorry" is not enough. The words "I'm sorry" are only words and can be said with no meaning behind them.


Forgetting and putting behind you. Maybe in one sense its the process of blocking that caused hurt. I'm not sure forgetting is an option.

I would love to have closures on parts of my life but I will never find it because instead of taking responsibility for actions it got turned around on me some way some how and the sad thing about it is that it makes no sense what is said and turned around on me but it makes me feel like crap non the less.

I can say with my full heart that regret is a bitch and her name is Julie. When that regret comes I hope they suffer as much as I have due to their actions.

I want to forgive and I want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment