Monday, August 15, 2011

Anti-Social? I think not!


So with age I have figured out finally that I am not a "people person" this doesn't mean I am anti-social it just means that I don't like many people. With society today can you blame me? The world seems to be full of rude, selfish, arrogant people filled with self-righteousness. I am not the type of person that needs 100 friends or even 10. I grew up with very little close family and learned quickly that if I were to survive (without stressing through a drama filled life of worry about what everyone else thought and trying to please as many people as I could) that I could only rely on a very select few people beside myself. I have a few really close people I will call friend and besides that I am not out there to be buddy, buddy with random acquaintances. Those select few people, I don’t even consider friends, they are my family. You either like me or you don’t. You either want to be a friend (or part of my life) or you don’t. I am not going to go out of my way to call you names or talk about you behind your back but you will know if I like you or I don’t. My actions usually speak louder then words. I have been blessed with the gift of reading people. Blessed or cursed in some cases, I can usually tell by a first impression how someone is. I am a pretty cut and dry person. I'm prob. one of the sweetest caring people you will ever meet but I also don't put up with two faced, drama queens (or kings) who wouldn't go out of there way to help me or be supportive as I am to them. This isn't directed to anyone in particular just a general assumption of people's definition of friend/family now a days, to me, has been skewed something terrible. If you want to be my friend, it’s really easy, you treat me with respect and honesty with a sense of humility, as I would do the same for you. If you break my trust, aren’t honest, don’t make me feel comfy, etc…why would I want you as a friend? I wear my heart on my sleeve enough then to be put through the wringer of being a friend to someone or in someone’s life in general only “sometimes”.

1 comment:

  1. Again...why are we always on the same page? I know exactly what ya mean. =/

    ReplyDelete