Thursday, January 12, 2012

This is it



If you have been following our family you know that huge life changes are taking place. The unknown as become reality. Jamie is medically retiring with 60% from the Army and 90% from the VA. We are moving back to Texas and or Louisiana in February and we still don't have a house. Where we live depends on when I find a house for our family to live in next week when I go visit. He has 2 months leave built up and then we are solely VA which means losing our Army pay. Since he is being retired we get to keep our medical and all our other privileges which will help. He is going to enroll into school so that we can get E5 BAH from his GI bill giving us money for housing (although much less). All this will take 1-3 months to get done which means going without pay for potentially this long and also taking a pretty good cut in pay. It's scary. I didn't want to travel this road but I have no choice. All was fine and comfy. I have been searching for months for both a job and a house and both have been like the mystical unicorn. You hear of them but you never see them or can find them. We just sold our house in Dallas through a short sale and don't want to buy nor is our credit to par to really buy a house right now and the rentals are non existent. I have hopes all will be okay at the same time the planner in me just can't cope with this unknown. I have taken the blunt of the stress of EVERYTHING onto my shoulders. It makes me sick to sit here and even think about it because I feel completely helpless. No matter how much I pray, no matter how much I try to just give it to HIM I still feel the burden and feel the fear consume me. I have continued to stay positive and look at the good in the situation but I am slowly finding less and less and seeing less and less of that possible light. I realize it is only a bump in the road and I know EVENTUALLY all will work out, it's just not soon enough for this worry wart. I only ask if you read this to keep my family in your thoughts and prayers if anything for comfort and strength during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment